[Corpora-List] Cross-document coreference/Entity Resolution: $50,000 Spock Challenge

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 10:02:00 CEST 2007

Thanks for telling us what is in the download file, without having to
download it! - 97000 files (9Gb) of raw HTML, which contestants first
have to "clean" themselves before they can try any fancy NLP stuff.

A group of European reseachers from Trento and Leeds have launched
CLEANEVAL, another contest to build tidy tools for web-as-corpus
research, see http://cleaneval.sigwac.org.uk/ - This could be a useful
first-step for anyone trying the spock challenge; also, any spock
contestants could also enter their tidy-tool in the CLEANEVAL contest!

Eric Atwell, Leeds University