[Corpora-List] References for written business corpora

Ramesh Krishnamurthy r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:39:00 CEST 2007

Hi
There is a collection of English business letters at
http://ysomeya.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

The Enron email corpus is also available:
http://iesl.cs.umass.edu/index.php/Enron_Email_Dataset

The

Wolverhampton Business English Corpus

is available from ELDA at
http://www.elda.org/catalogue/en/text/W0028.html

You can download a corpus of junk-email
from http://clg.wlv.ac.uk/projects/junk-email/

Best
Ramesh

At 10:15 18/04/2007, sciubba at uniroma3.it wrote:

>Hi,

>there should be a corpus of 19th century British

>business letters at the University of Bergamo. I

>don't know whether they're tagged already.

>Try contact Prof. Marina Dossena

>good luck and let me know whatever you find ;)

>eleonora

> > I am forwarding the below request for one of our

>PhD students, who is not a

> > member of CORPORA. Please, reply to her, and

>we will post a summary

> > to the list in the same way.

> > Best Regards

> > Bilge Say

> > Cognitive Science Program

> > Informatics Institute

> > Middle East Technical University

> > Ankara, Turkey

> > Email: bsay at ii.metu.edu.tr

>------

> > Dear list members,

> > For a term project, I will design a corpus of

>written business communication in Turkish. In the

>project, written documents such as emails and

>letters will be included. Is anyone aware of the

>availability of a corpus of written business

>communication in other languages? Any references

>will be much welcome.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Sincerely,

> > Derya Çokal, Dept. of Foreign Language Education

> > Middle East Technical University, Turkey

> > cokal at metu.edu.tr

Ramesh Krishnamurthy

Lecturer in English Studies, School of Languages
and Social Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
[Room NX08, 10th Floor, North Wing of Main
Building] ; Tel: +44 (0)121-204-3812 ; Fax: +44 (0)121-204-3766
http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/staff/krishnamurthyr.jsp

Project Leader, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network): http://corpus.aston.ac.uk/