[Corpora-List] References for written business corpora

Tony Berber Sardinha tony4 at uol.com.br
Wed Apr 18 12:48:00 CEST 2007

Hi, below are some references:

Cambridge International Corpus (CIC): a subsection includes British
business English (30 million words written and 1 million spoken) and
American business English (30 million, written only). A description
of the corpus can be found at http://www.cambridge.org/elt/corpus/
international_corpus2.htm

Wolverhampton Business English Corpus (WBE): 10 million words, from
the web. For more information, visit http://www.elda.org/catalogue/en/
text/W0028.html.

Mike Nelson’s Business English Corpus (BEC): one million words,
spoken and written. For details, visit http://users.utu.fi/micnel/BEC/
bec2/corpusmakeup.htm.

The DIRECT Project Corpus: over five million words of spoken and
written material, in Portuguese and in English. For details, see
http://www2.lael.pucsp.br/corpora.

bye

tony
www2.lael.pucsp.br/~tony