[Corpora-List] TALN 2007 First Call for Papers
nabil.hathout at univ-tlse2.fr
Sun Oct 22 07:50:01 CEST 2006
TALN 2007 --- First Call For Papers
The conference Traitement Automatique des Langues Naturelles (TALN 2007) is the conference of ATALA (Association pour le Traitement Automatique des Langues / The French natural language processing association). The 14th edition will take place in Toulouse, from June, 5 to June, 8, 2007. It is jointly organised by IRIT (Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse -- CNRS, INPT, Université Toulouse I, II et III) and by ERSS (Équipe de Recherche en Syntaxe et Sémantique --CNRS, Université Toulouse II). The conference is jointly organised with the doctoral consortium RECITAL, (see the separate call on this site). The conference will consist of oral communications and posters, invited talks, workshops and tutorials. The main language for the conference is French, but submissions in English are accepted for non-french speakers.
* Submission deadline: January 31, 2007
* Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2007
* Final version due: April 15, 2007
* Conference: June 5-8, 2007
We invite the submission of original papers on all aspects and applications of natural language processing, including:
* processing of morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics and discourse, either by symbolic or statistical means;
* machine translation and alignment;
* information extraction, automated summarization, question-answering, textual inference;
* automated generation and text planning;
* system evaluation;
* resource gathering and acquisition (lexicons, ontologies, grammars, etc.);
* human-machine communication in natural language (understanding, dialog systems, natural language interfaces).
The program committee will select two among the accepted papers to be published in an extended version in the "Traitement automatique des langues" (t.a.l.) journal
We invite the submission of original work, which will be reviewed by at least two experts of the field. Emphasis will be put on:
* the significance and originality of the contribution;
* technical correctness;
* critical discussion of results, with respect to the state of the art;
* organisation and clarity;
* adequation to the conference topics.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Papers will be written in French by French speakers or in English for non-French speakers.
Paper will not be more than 10 pages long (Times 12, single spacing), or about 3000 words, figures, examples and references included. Demo propositions will not be longer than 3 pages.
A latex style file and a document model for Word/OpenOffice are available on the site here. Papers must be in A4 size.
Submissions can be made electronically from the ATALA site http://www.atala.org/taln2007. Papers must be in PDF format. Instructions are available on the style page of the conference.
Final version will be sent in latex or rtf format.
In case an electronic submission is impossible, three hard copies of the paper must be sent to:
Maison de la Recherche
Université Toulouse le Mirail
5 Allées Antonio Machado
F-31058 Toulouse Cedex 9
Nabil Hathout & Philippe Muller
Nathalie Aussenac-Gilles, Farah Benamara, Jean-Léon Bouraoui, Didier Bourigault, Véronique Debats, Fabrice Evrard, Cécile Fabre, Edith Galy, Bruno Gaume, Dominique Longin, Josiane Mothe, Frank Sajous, Ludovic Tanguy, Laure Vieu.
ERSS (UMR 5610) CNRS & Université de Toulouse-Le Mirail
Maison de la Recherche. F-31058 Toulouse cedex 9
Tél. (+33) 561-503-603 Fax (+33) 561-504-677
More information about the Corpora-archive