[Corpora-List] Annotation Tool for German corpora/NE recognition task

Frank.Schilder at thomson.com Frank.Schilder at thomson.com
Tue Oct 17 16:53:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

> What I am really missing is:

> - a good tool to annotate some documents quickly, i.e. with

> information about : toponym, first and surname, and other

> NEs. This, to get an idea

> (prec.+recall) about the quality of my models.

A couple of free annotation tools:
http://wordfreak.sourceforge.net/
http://callisto.mitre.org/
And Gate which can be used as annotation tool, too:
(see http://gate.ac.uk/sale/am/annotationmanual.pdf)

> - still better: an annotated corpus. Is there any out there?

I don't think there is a standard corpus that is used. Perhaps a good starting place would be to look at the Proceedings of the 2005 workshop on Geographic information retrieval, in particular http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1096985.1097001

Frank Schilder