[Corpora-List] Dictionary Writing Systems: 4th Intnl workshop, Torino, Sept 6 2006
adam at lexmasterclass.com
Fri Jun 2 23:24:01 CEST 2006
********* 2ND ANNOUNCEMENT: SUBMISSION DEADLINE 11th JUNE *********
Fourth International Workshop on
DICTIONARY WRITING SYSTEMS
Torino, Italy, Tues 5th September 2006
(pre EURALEX conference)
Workshop website: http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/dws06
A dictionary writing system (DWS) is a piece of software for writing and
producing a dictionary. It might include an editor, a database, a web
interface and various management tools (for allocating work etc.) It
operates with a dictionary grammar, which specifies the structure of the
We invite submission of research papers about, and demos of, dictionary
writing systems. Maximum length: Six A4 pages (12pt font).
Submission deadline is
**** 11th June 2006 ****
Notification of acceptance: 30th June.
A volume of proceedings will be prepared.
The workshop is relevant for:
• dictionary project managers
• lexical database users and developers
• students of lexicography, lexicology, computational linguistics
The workshop follows similar successful events in Brighton, UK in 2002 and
2003, and Brno, the Czech Republic in 2004.
• Philippe Climent, IDM, France
• Steve Crowdy, Longman Dictionaries/Pearson Education, U.K.
• Adam Kilgarriff, Lexical Computing Ltd. and U. Sussex, U.K. (Chair)
• Karel Pala, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
• Gilles-Maurice de Schryver, TshwaneDJe HLT and Ghent U, Belgium
• Pavel Smrz, Brno U of Technology, Czech Republic
Full-time Student fee: €48
Venue will be central Torino; details to follow on website. For travel etc
see EURALEX conference website, http://www.euralex2006.unito.it
Adam Kilgarriff http://kilgarriff.co.uk
Lexicography MasterClass http://lexmasterclass.com
Lexical Computing Ltd http://sketchengine.co.uk
University of Sussex +44 (0)12 73 705 773
mailto:adam at lexmasterclass.com +44 (0)79 71 867 845
More information about the Corpora-archive