[Corpora-List] romaji word list

j_kurjian at hotmail.com j_kurjian at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 21:01:00 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've been searching around the web for a word frequency list for Japanese,
in romaji (Latin letters). I haven't had any luck but I did find a nifty
web based converter from kanji, hiragana, katakana to romaji, and thought I
would pass on the address.

http://kanjidict.stc.cx/kakasifilt.php

Since I don't know Japanese, I found that if I searched generic English
terms like hiv, gene, u.s.a., cancer, etc in google's Japanese only search I
got some reasonable pages to convert. Cnn jp was also a good soucre:

http://www.cnn.co.jp/

It's a bit time consuming and balanced this corpus might not be. But if you
are looking for stop words, like I am, this method seems to work ok - better
than no frequency list at all. And if there is a romaji frequency list out
there, could you let me know :)

If any one has suggestions for Korean, that would be great, too.

BTW, njstar's Chinese word processing software, which I think is still free,
will convert a text of characters to pinyin (among other cool things).

www.njstar.com/

Best,

Jerry