[Corpora-List] Google searches as linguistic evidence

Fanny Meunier fanny.meunier at uclouvain.be
Thu Dec 7 13:51:03 CET 2006

Hi there,

Your question puzzled me and I googled "a
worshop" (7840000 hits) vs "an workshop" (21500 hits).

It struck me that they were quite a lot of German refs such as
Sie bitte an workshop at ... (= sthg like: please see workshop at ...)
schicken Sie bitte eine Email an workshop (= sthg
like: please send an e-mail to workshop at ...)
direkt per E-Mail an workshop at ... (= directly via e-mail to workshop at ...)

Food for thought...

All the best,
Fanny