[Corpora-List] Financial Services Corpus

Ramesh Krishnamurthy r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 15:41:00 CET 2006

Hi
Please see W0028 in the ELDA catalogue (http://www.elda.org/):
the Wolverhampton Business English Corpus (available since 14/8/2001)
contains 10 million words of business texts from websites:
" product descriptions, company press releases, and annual financial reports,
to business journalism, academic research papers, political speeches
and government reports. "

Best
Ramesh

At 17:47 05/12/2006, Tony Berber Sardinha wrote:

>Dear Esther

>We have collected a similar corpus, as part of our DIRECT Project

>(www2.lael.pucsp.br/direct -- most of the info there is in

>Portuguese, though).

>best

>Tony

>www2.lael.pucsp.br/~tony

>On Dec 5, 2006, at 8:43 AM, RCPCE PolyU wrote:

>>The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Research Centre for

>>Professional Communication in English is building up a Financial

>>Services Corpus in Hong Kong. We have been collecting annual

>>reports, prospectuses of listed companies, speeches of government

>>regulatory bodies and etc. We would like to see if anyone or any

>>organisation, is doing something similar --- also working on a

>>financial corpus. Thanks!

>>Esther.

>>RCPCE

>>Research Centre for Professional Communication in English

>>English Department, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

>>-----------------

>>http://www.engl.polyu.edu.hk/RCPCE/

>>Tel : (852) 2766 4364

>>Fax: (852) 2333 6569

Ramesh Krishnamurthy

Lecturer in English Studies, School of Languages and Social Sciences,
Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
[Room NX08, North Wing of Main Building] ; Tel: +44 (0)121-204-3812 ;
Fax: +44 (0)121-204-3766
http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/staff/krishnamurthyr.jsp

Project Leader, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network): http://corpus.aston.ac.uk/