[Corpora-List] Looking for linguistic principles

Stefan Bordag sbordag at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Sep 27 20:41:01 CEST 2005

Dear Dana,

> I am looking for the list of linguistic principles used to extract semantic

> information from corpora. I mean principles like, for example, the

> Distributional Hypothesis introduced by Hearst.

Are you looking for principles, methods, algorithms or implementations?
principles: syntagmatic and paradigmatic relations
methods: statistical, pattern based, syntactic annotation based
algorithms: ah, many different ;-)
implementations: unfortunately not too many freely available, depends on
what you really need.

As far as I know, Harris introduced the distributional hypothesis. Hearst
was one of those who implemented it.

If you could provide me with more detailed information about your goals,
perhaps I could help you since I am writing a dissertation on that topic
currently.

Best regards,
Stefan Bordag

--
- Bordag Stefan, sbordag at informatik.uni-leipzig.de -
- Institut fuer Informatik, Abt. Automatische Sprachverarbeitung -