[Corpora-List] corpora of speeches and transcripts

Bob Knippen knippen at brandeis.edu
Thu Sep 22 17:44:00 CEST 2005

Hi All.

I'm looking for pointers to English-language text corpora that emphasize
'spoken language,' construed much more broadly than normal. By 'spoken
language,' I mean especially speeches and transcripts, which need not be
remotely conversational or natural. The corpora may contain other kinds
of language, as well.

I know of several public-domain resources which contain this kind of
material, but if people can suggest favorite websites for such material,
that would also be helpful (I can do my own collecting).

Regards,

Bob Knippen