[Corpora-List] Opening BNC textfiles

Linda Bawcom linda.bawcom at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 28 20:13:01 CEST 2005

Dear colleagues and list members,

After having to buy a new laptop, I reinstalled the BNC. I have, unfortunately, forgotten how I opened the text files a few years ago and can not find anything in the manual of any help.

In any case, when I try to open the tar.gz file (which I believe I have to do in order to access the texts?? and tried to open with winzip), I get an error message which states ''texts.tar.gz is not a valid win32 application'. My operating system is XP 2 pack. Any help from those of you who are not as computer challenged as I am will be greatly appreciated.
Embarrassingly,
Linda Bawcom