[Corpora-List] RE: Constitution

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at up.univ-mrs.fr
Mon May 23 14:42:02 CEST 2005

Bart Defrancq a écrit :

> Dear Jean,

> 1. The language question in the European Communities was settled with

> Regulation n°1

Well, why is the term "official languages" not included in the
Constitution then (I thought that it was intended to be a recap of all
the important concepts of the EU) ? I would have felt better.

> So English imperialism is certainly not to blame.

I hope it's clear that I am NOT blaming any kind of English imperialism.
If anybody is at fault, it's the individual countries who do not seem
interested in making the right effort in the language department.

--j
http://aixtal.blogspot.com