[Corpora-List] English compound words

John Newman john.newman at ualberta.ca
Thu May 19 22:09:00 CEST 2005

I am making this inquiry to the list on behalf of a colleague who asks:


I'm looking for a reasonably comprehensive list of English compound
words, whether spelled as two words, hyphenated, or spelled as one word.
Has anyone compiled such a list, or does anyone know of corpora from
which such a list might be straightforwardly extracted?

Dr. Robert Kirchner, Linguistics Dept.
4-20 Assiniboia Hall, U. Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G2E7
(780) 492-3480 (fax 492-0806)
kirchner at ualberta.ca, http://www.ualberta.ca/~kirchner

John Newman,
Department of Linguistics
Faculty of Arts, University of Alberta
4-32 Assiniboia Hall
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E7, CANADA
Tel. (780) 492-5500, Fax. (780) 492-0806
Homepage: http://www.ualberta.ca/~johnnewm/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora-archive/attachments/20050519/bf0ddd2b/attachment.html

More information about the Corpora-archive mailing list