[Corpora-List] problems with Google counts

Jim Breen Jim.Breen at infotech.monash.edu.au
Wed Mar 16 03:33:01 CET 2005

Matthew Hurst <mhurst_AT_intelliseek.com> wrote:

>> As for Lillian's original post, I notice that Google's language classifier,

>> at least for Japanese, is not very good...

What sorts of problems are you encountering? I used to include
the hiragana "no" in all Google requests to prevent Chinese pages
being picked up, but these days the language setting seems to get the
same outcome.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering, Tel: +61 3 9905 9554