[Corpora-List] Communicator corpora parsed?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:11:02 CEST 2005

I received two replies to my earlier question regarding the
availability of syntactic annotations of the DARPA Communicator
corpus and of other spoken dialogue corpora.
Both Sandra Kübler at Tübingen and Detmar Meurers at Ohio State
recommended the Verbmobil treebanks, which contain spoken dialogue in
German, English and Japanese. They are available via

http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/Bas/BasHomeeng.html

A newer version of the German treebank is in preparation.

As a side note: many (if not most) of the non-canned, spontaneous
speech in Communicator consists of very short utterances. In
contrast, the Maptask corpus (developed here at HCRC, Edinburgh;
spoken human-human dialogue) has a lot to offer in terms of syntax

Thanks for the replies.

--
David Reitter - ICCS/HCRC, Informatics, University of Edinburgh