[Corpora-List] BOUNCE corpora at lists.uib.no: Non-member submission from [David Reitter <dreitter at inf.ed.ac.uk>] (fwd)

Knut Hofland knut at aksis.uib.no
Thu Jul 14 16:36:00 CEST 2005

From: David Reitter <dreitter at inf.ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] Communicator corpora parsed?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:13:59 +0100
To: corpora at hd.uib.no
-7.0 Asked for it

I received two replies to my earlier question regarding the =20
availability of syntactic annotations of the DARPA Communicator =20
corpus and of other spoken dialogue corpora.
Both Sandra K=FCbler at T=FCbingen and Detmar Meurers at Ohio State =20
recommended the Verbmobil treebanks, which contain spoken dialogue in =20=

German, English and Japanese. They are available via

http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/Bas/BasHomeeng.html

A newer version of the German treebank is in preparation.

As a side note: many (if not most) of the non-canned, spontaneous =20
speech in Communicator consists of very short utterances. In =20
contrast, the Maptask corpus (developed here at HCRC, Edinburgh; =20
spoken human-human dialogue) has a lot to offer in terms of syntax

Thanks for the replies.