[Corpora-List] distribution of types of lexical collocations

Kees Koster kees at cs.ru.nl
Fri Dec 10 09:55:14 CET 2004

Dear Philippa,

> I am doing research on adjective-noun collocations and I wonder if there are

> any reliable corpus data and numbers as to the distribution of this type of

> (English and/or German) collocations in contrast to (noun-noun /)

> adjective-adverb / verb-adverb / noun-verb collocations.

Have a look at page 9 of

Cornelis H.A. Koster. Head/Modifier Frames for Information Retrieval.
Proceedings CICLing-2004, Springer LNCS 2945, pp 420-432.

which can be found at http://www.cs.ru.nl/agfl/papers.html.

Of course the statistics will depend on the genre of the text,
The EPO1A corpus is a collection of Patent Applications from the
European Patent Office (see references in paper).

Good luck with your research.

-- C.H.A. Koster