Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology www.fit.vutbr.cz
Multi-year Research Position
The successful candidate for this position will have the chance to participate in the research and development in the following areas:
* large-scale text mining and knowledge extraction
* social media analysis
* semantic web technologies
* language and vision integration
* distributed and high-performance computing for NLP
Job responsibilities include among others the following:
* participate in all aspects of a knowledge-based technologies with an
emphasis on research, development, and implementation,
* lead the research, design, and implementation of various components
of realized systems,
* help with the design, implementation, and data analysis of various
experiments needed to fulfil the mission of our research projects,
* interact with various members of the research team, supervise
graduate students, publication and presentation, and
* evaluate, install, and maintain software packages.
The positions are initially limited to 12 months but can be extended to 24 months based on a successful evaluation after the first 8 months. The gross salary will be 2,000 EUR per month. Anticipated starting date is January 1st, 2012 (can be negotiated).
Applicants should have (by the starting date) a PhD in computer science and/or cognitive science or related areas and ideally should have a strong background in at least one of the following research areas:
* natural language processing,
* machine learning,
* knowledge representation and reasoning,
* distributed computing.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send applications including a complete CV, 2 representative published manuscripts, and the names and contact information of 2 references to:
Pavel Smrz e-mail: smrz at fit.vutbr.cz Bozetechova 2 612 66 Brno Czech Republic
Screening begins October 15, 2011 and will continue until the position is filled.
The scientific and research activities at the Faculty of Information Technology at Brno University of Technology are directed towards up-to-date research areas concerning the theory, methods and applications of information technologies.
We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. Appointment will be based on qualifications as they relate to position requirements without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability or veteran status. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
-- Pavel Smrz Associate professor Faculty of Information Technology Brno University of Technology Bozetechova 2, 61266 Brno Czech Republic Phone: +420 541 141 282 Fax: +420 541 141 290 http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~smrz