NAACL HLT 2010, ACL 2010 and COLING 2010
JOINT CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
* * * Proposal deadline: Oct 30, 2009 * * *
The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) and the International Committee on Computational Linguistics (ICCL) invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with one of the three 2010 flagship conferences in computational linguistics: NAACL HLT 2010, ACL 2010 and COLING 2010. We solicit proposals on any topic of interest to the ACL/ICCL community. Workshops will be held at one of the following conference venues:
* NAACL HLT 2010 is the 11th annual meeting of the North American chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics. It will be held in Los Angeles, June 1-6, 2010. The dates for the NAACL HLT workshops will be June 5-6. The webpage for NAACL HLT 2010 is: http://naaclhlt2010.isi.edu/.
* The 48th annual meeting of the ACL (ACL 2010) will be held in Uppsala, July 11-16, 2010. The ACL workshops will be held July 15-16. The webpage for ACL 2010 is http://acl2010.org/.
* The 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2010) will be held in Beijing, August 23-27, 2010. There will be pre-conference workshops on August 21-22, and post-conference workshops on August 28. The webpage for the conference is: http://www.coling-2010.org/.
As in 2009, we will coordinate the submission and reviewing of workshop proposals for all three ACL/ICCL 2010 conferences.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
* A title and brief (2-page max) description of the workshop topic and content.
* The desired workshop length (one or two days), and an estimate of the audience size.
* The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise.
* A list of potential members of the program committee, with an indication of which members have already agreed.
* A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop.
* A description of special requirements for technical needs.
* A venue preference specification.
The venue preference specification should list the venues at which the organizers would be willing to present the workshop (NAACL HLT, ACL, or COLING). A proposal may specify one, two, or three acceptable workshop venues; if more than one venue is acceptable, the venues should be preference-ordered. There will be a single workshop committee, coordinated by the three sets of workshop chairs. This single committee will review the quality of the workshop proposals. Once the reviews are complete, the workshop chairs will work together to assign workshops to each of the three conferences, taking into account the location preferences given by the proposers.
The ACL has a set of policies on workshops. You can find the ACL's general policies on workshops at http://www.cis.udel.edu/~carberry/ACL/Workshops/workshop-support-general-policy.html, the financial policy for workshops at http://www.cis.udel.edu/~carberry/ACL/Workshops/workshop-conf-financial-policy.html, and the financial policy for SIG workshops at http://www.cis.udel.edu/~carberry/ACL/Workshops/workshops-Sig-financial-policy.html.
This year we will be using the START system for submission and reviewing of workshop proposals. Please submit proposals to https://www.softconf.com/a/ACLWorkshops2010 no later than 12 Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, October 30, 2009.
Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals will occur no later than November 20, 2009. Since the three ACL/ICCL conferences will occur at different times, the timescales for the submission and reviewing of workshop papers, and the preparation of camera-ready copies, will be different for the three conferences. Suggested timescales for each of the conferences are given below.
TIMELINES FOR 2010 WORKSHOPS
Oct 30, 2009 Workshop proposal deadline Nov 20, 2009 Notification of acceptance
NAACL 2010 Dec 18, 2009: Proposed workshop CFP Mar 1, 2010: Proposed paper due date Mar 30, 2010: Proposed notification of acceptance Jun 5-6, 2010: Workshops
ACL 2010 Jan 18, 2010: Proposed workshop CFP Apr 5, 2010: Proposed paper due date May 6, 2010: Proposed notification of acceptance Jul 15-16, 2010: Workshops
COLING 2010 Feb 25, 2010: Proposed workshop CFP May 30, 2010: Proposed paper due date Jun 30, 2010: Proposed notification of acceptance Aug 21-22, 2010: Pre-conference workshops Aug 28, 2010: Post-conference workshops
* Richard Sproat, NAACL, Oregon Health & Science University
* David Traum, NAACL, University of Southern California
* Pushpak Bhattacharyya, ACL, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
* David Weir, ACL, University of Sussex
* Noah Smith, COLING, Carnegie Mellon University
* Takenobu Tokunaga, COLING, Tokyo Institute of Technology
* Haifeng Wang, COLING, Toshiba (China) Research and Development Center
For inquiries, send email to: cl.workshops.2010 at gmail.com
(call distributed by Koenraad De Smedt, Int'l Publicity Chair for ACL 2010)