Part-time French Language Consultant Wanted
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is seeking a part-time language consultant to enhance our French language dictionaries.
All work will be done off-site (e.g. at your home).
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.
- Native fluency in French.
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in a scripting language.
An average of 10 hours per week of work is needed for this project. It’s possible the project will require more time, with the likelihood of additional sporadic tasks over the next six months. Pay is €15-18 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing your experience and abilities to ditte.kimps at nuance.com. We will consider only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Aug 14, 2009
(Positions may be filled before that date if qualified applicants are found.)
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9859 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20090727/0a7e2173/attachment.txt>