*Congreso Internacional de Lingüística Basada en Corpus: Estudios e Investigaciones/*
*/Internacional Conference on Corpus Linguistics: Studies and Researches*
7-9 May 2009
University of Murcia, Spain
1. General information about CILC
CILC-09 is the first event of a conference series launched by AELINCO, the Spanish Association of Corpus Linguistics (registration of Association is being processed). The conference will be held from Thursday 7th to Saturday 9th May 2009 in the premises of Campus La Merced, University of Murcia, Spain.
2. Keynote Speakers
· Michael Barlow, University of Auckland (New Zealand)
· Adam Kilgarriff, Lexicography MasterClass (UK)
· Ramesh Krishnamurthy, Aston University, Birmingham (UK)
3. General Submission Guidelines
Researchers are invited to submit paper proposals in English or Spanish for 20-minute presentations or for poster sessions.
The submission deadline is *31st January 2009*.
All files should be sent as e-mail attachments to the sole contact address for this conference (*cilc09 at um.es)*. Files must be in MS Word or in PDF format.
Papers are welcome from a range of subfields, including:
- corpus creation, annotation, tagging and parsing, software development
- corpus-based computational linguistics
- corpus-based language research: semantics, lexicology, grammar, phraseology
- studies on language variation, stylistics, sociolinguistics
- corpus-based historical linguistics
- discourse analysis, pragmatics
- corpus linguistics and linguistic theory
- applications of corpora in language teaching, translation, lexicography, etc.
- or any other aspect of corpus linguistics.
3.1 Submission Guidelines for Presentations
Those wishing to present a 20-minute paper should submit the following files by 31st January 2009:
1) A page indicating the title of the paper, the first name and surnames of the author/authors, professional data and affiliation, electronic address and telephone number.
2) A paper with the title, an abstract (approx. 200 words) and the *full text* of the presentation. Author information must be omitted. Please ensure that the whole file does not exceed *3000 words*, including references.
Both files should be sent as e-mail attachments to the sole contact address for this conference (cilc09 at um.es). Authors are kindly asked to enter the Subject "PAPER PROPOSAL: PRESENTATION" in the e-mail.
3.2 Submission Guidelines for Poster Sessions
Those wishing to participate in a poster session should submit an abstract no longer than 500 hundred words. Please remember to indicate the title of the paper, the author/authors, their professional affiliation, electronic address and telephone number. This file should be sent as an e-mail attachment to the sole contact address for this conference (cilc09 at um.es). Authors are kindly asked to enter the Subject "PAPER PROPOSAL: POSTER" in the e-mail.
- AELINCO members: 100 Euros (AELINCO yearly fee: 40 Euros)
- Non-members: 150€
- Students: 50 Euros
Registration Forms and bank data for the transfer of the registration fee will be available with the next circular.
5. Pre-conference Workshop
Michael Barlow will conduct a pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, May 6.
Registration fee: 18 €
Details about publishing of conference proceedings will be confirmed in later circulars.
7. Programme Committee
7.1 International members
Michael Barlow (New Zealand)
Douglas Biber (Arizona, USA)
Mark Davies (Utah, USA)
Adam Kilgarriff (UK)
Ramesh Krishnamurthy (UK)
Francisco Marcos Marín (Texas, USA)
Ute Römer (Michigan, USA)
Michael Stubbs (Germany)
Wolfgang Teubert (UK)
Chris Tribble (UK)
7.2 Local members
Guadalupe Aguado (Madrid), Alejandro Alcaraz Sintes (Jaén), Margarita Alonso Ramos (Coruña), Antonio Briz (Valencia), Teresa Cabré (Barcelona), Pascual Cantos (Murcia), Gloria Corpas (Málaga), Andrés Enrique Arias (Mallorca), Ana Fernández Montraveta (Barcelona), María Luz Gil Salom (Valencia), Julia Lavid (Madrid), María José Luzón (Zaragoza), Carmen Mellado Blanco (Santiago), Antonio Moreno Sandoval (Madrid), Javier Pérez Guerra (Vigo), Guillermo Rojo (Santiago), Aquilino Sánchez (Murcia), Juan Santana Lario (Granada), Ramón Sarmiento (Madrid), José Simón (Alcalá de Henares), Carlos Subirats (Barcelona), Isabel Verdaguer (Barcelona), Xulio Viejo Fernández (Oviedo).
8. Organising Committee
Aquilino Sánchez Pérez, Pascual Cantos Gómez, Moisés Almela Sánchez, Mª Nila Vázquez González, Lourdes Cerezo García, Raquel Criado Sánchez, Laura Esteban Segura, Camino Rea Rizzo, Gema Alcaraz Mármol.
9. Second circular
The next circular will include accommodation details and travel information, as well as the Registration Form and bank data for the transfer of the registration fee.
For more information: www.um.es/cilc09 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20080618/ac7b7c05/attachment.html