[Corpora-List] RANLP MMIES Workshop (Multi-source Information Extraction and Summarization): 2nd call for participation
tpoibeau at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 7 13:33:43 CEST 2007
Second Call for Participation
Multi-source, Multilingual Information Extraction and Summarization
Workshop to be held in conjunction with
*** RANLP 2007 ***
Borovets - Bulgaria
*** 26th of September 2007 ***
Information extraction (IE) and text summarization (TS) are key technologies
aiming at extracting relevant information from texts
and other sources and presenting the information to the user in condensed
forms. Recent years have
witnessed an explosion of information, making IE and TS particularly important
for the information society. These technologies, however, face new challenges
with the adoption of the Web 2.0 paradigm (e.g. blogs, wikis) because of their
inherent multi-source nature. These technologies have to deal no longer with
isolated texts or single narratives but with large scale repositories, or
sources -- in one or many languages -- containing a multiplicity of views,
opinions, or commentaries on particular topics, entities or events. There is
thus a need to adapt and/or develop new techniques to deal with these new
phenomena. The ``Multi-source, Multilingual Information Extraction and
Summarization'' workshop will cover the following questions:
* What methods are appropriate to detect similar/complementary/contradictory
information? Are hand-crafted rules and knowledge-rich approaches convenient?
* What methods are there to tackle cross-document and cross-lingual entity
and event coreference?
* What machine learning approaches are most appropriate for this task: supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised? What type of corpora is required for
training and testing?
* What techniques are appropriate to produce condensed synthesis of the
extracted information? What generation techniques are useful here? What kind
of techniques can be used to cross domains and languages?
* What tools are there to support multi-lingual/multi-source access to
information? What solutions are there beyond full document translation to
produce cross-lingual summaries?
Invited speaker: Bernardo Magnini (ITC-IRST).
10:00 - 10:10 — Welcome
10:10 - 11:30 — Invited Talk: Bernardo Magnini - ITC-IRST - Italy
11:30 - 12:00 — Coffee Break
12:00 - 13:00 — Papers
12:00 - 12:30 — Disambiguation of Standardized Personal Name Variants. — Patricia Driscoll and David Yarowsky.
12:30 - 13:00 — Using Information Extraction to Improve Cross-lingual Document Retrieval. — Dilek Hakkani-T�r, Heng Ji, and Ralph Grishman
13:00 - 14:30 — Lunch
14:30 - 15:30 — Papers
14:30 - 15:00 — Ontological Integration of Information Extracted from Multiple Sources. — Adam Funk, Diana Maynard, Horacio Saggion, and Kalina Bontcheva.
14:30 - 15:00 — Combining Information about Epidemic Threats from Multiple Sources. — Roman Yargarber, Clive Best, Peter von Etter, Flavio Fuart, David Horby, and Ralf Steinberger.
15:00 - 15:30 — Coffee Break
15:30 - 16:00 — Papers
15:30 - 16:00 — Unsupervised Learning of Social Networks from a Multiple-Source News Corpus. — Hristo Tanev.
16:00 - 16:30 — Multilingual Multi-document Continuously-updated Social Networks. — Bruno Pouliquen, Ralf Steinberger, and Jenya Belyaeva.
16:30 - 17:00 — Open Discussion
17:00 - 17:10 — Farewell
* Thierry Poibeau
LIPN-CNRS, U. Paris 13
* Horacio Saggion
NLP Group, U. Sheffield
* Sophia Ananiadou (U. Manchester, UK)
* Roberto Basili (U. Roma Tor Vergata, Italy)
* Kalina Bontcheva (U. Sheffield, UK)
* Nathalie Colineau (CSIRO, Australia)
* Nigel Collier (NII, Japan)
* Hercules Dalianis (KTH/Stockholm University, Sweden)
* Thierry Declerk (DFKI, Germany)
* Brigitte Grau (LIMSI, France)
* Kentaro Inui (NAIST, Japan)
* Min-Yen Kan (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
* Guy Lapalme (U. Montreal, Canada)
* Diana Maynard (U. Sheffield, UK)
* Jean-Luc Minel (CNRS-Modyco, France)
* Constantin Orasan (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
* Cecile Paris (CSIRO, Australia)
* Agnes Sandor (Xerox XRCE, France)
* Ralf Steinberger (European Commission - Joint Research Centre, Italy)
* Stan Szpakowicz (University of Ottawa, Canada)
* Lucy Vanderwende (Microsoft Research, USA)
* Jose Luis Vicedo (Universidad de Alicante, Spain)
* Roman Yangarber (University of Helsinki, Finland)
* Liang Zhou (ISI, USA)
* Michael Zock (LIF, France)
e-mail: thierry.poibeau _at_ lipn.univ-paris13.fr (replace _at_ with @)
Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail
More information about the Corpora