[Corpora-List] Int. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media -- Call For Participation
Nicolas at umbrialistens.com
Fri Feb 16 00:28:00 CET 2007
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Int. Conference on Weblogs and Social Media
March 25-28, 2007
Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
We're excited to announce the first International Conference on Weblogs
and Social Media, exploring phenomena and techniques for analysis of the
fast growing blogosphere and social media space.
The conference is fast approaching and we are planning an exciting
schedule with many invited speakers, pre-conference tutorials (March
25), and of course, great technical content (March 26-28).
The conference aims to bring together researchers from different subject
areas (e.g., computer science, linguistics, psychology, statistics,
sociology, multimedia and semantic web technologies) and foster
discussions about ongoing research on weblogs and social media. We
from academia and industry.
* Ev Williams, Obvious Corp.
* Andrew Tomkins, Yahoo Inc.
* danah boyd, Berkeley School of Information
and USC Annenberg Center
* Search and Discovery in the Blogspace
Gilad Mishne and Maarten de Rijke, Univ. of Amsterdam
* Spam in Blogs and Other Social Media
Pranam Kolari, Akshay Java, Tim Finin and Anupam Joshi,
Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County
Early Bird Registration:
* February 21st, 2007
* Eytan Adar, Univ. of Washington
* Natalie Glance, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
* Matthew Hurst, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
* Mark Liberman, Univ. of Pennsylvania
* Nicolas Nicolov, Umbria Inc.
* Franco Salvetti, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder & Powerset Inc.
Accepted papers, posters and demos:
For additional information see the conference website: www.icwsm.org
Dr Nicolas Nicolov
1655 Walnut St, Suite 300
Boulder, CO 80302, U.S.A.
Tel: (303) 217-8215
More information about the Corpora-archive