[Corpora-List] Part-time Language Consultants Wanted
ditte.kimps at nuance.com
Fri Feb 2 14:30:00 CET 2007
Part-time Language Consultants Wanted
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology,
is seeking part-time language consultants to enhance our language
All work will be done off-site (e.g. at your home).
Positions are available for the following languages:
Cantonese (Hong Kong)
Mandarin (People's Republic of China)
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.
- Native or near-native fluency in one or more of the languages listed
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in a scripting language.
A minimum of 20 hours of work is needed for each language for this
project. Some languages will require much more time, with the
likelihood of additional sporadic tasks over the next four to six
months. Pay is $12-18 per hour, depending on experience (equivalent
payment in other currencies, e.g. euros, is also possible).
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement
describing your experience and abilities to vocrequest at nuance.com. We
will consider only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Feb 28, 2007.
(Positions may be filled before that date if qualified applicants are
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Corpora-archive