[Corpora-List] INTEX/NooJ WOrkshop 2005
max.silberztein at univ-fcomte.fr
Mon Nov 22 16:40:01 CET 2004
***** From: info-intex *****
Sender: Max Silberztein <max.silberztein at univ-fcomte.fr>
8th INTEX/NooJ Workshop
Besançon, May 30-June 1, 2005
Call for papers - Deadline: March 15, 2005
* Archives, Textes, Sciences des Textes (ATST, Univ. de Franche-Comté)
* LAboratoire de SEmioLinguistique, Didactique et Informatique (LASELDI, Univ.
* Maison des Sciences de l'Homme Claude Ledoux
We invite the submission of papers for the forthcoming eight INTEX/NooJ
workshop, to be held in Besançon, May 30-June 1, 2005.
INTEX/NooJ is a linguistic development environment that can parse texts of
several million words in real time.
INTEX/NooJ includes tools to construct and maintain large-coverage lexical
resources, as well as morphological and syntactic grammars. Dictionaries and
grammars are applied to texts in order to locate morphological, lexical and
syntactic patterns, remove ambiguities, and tag simple and compound words.
INTEX/NooJ can build lemmatized concordances of large texts from Finite-State or
Context-Free grammars, and can accordingly perform transformation operations on
texts in cascade, in order to annotate the text, or to generate paraphrases;
these features, when applied in cascade, give INTEX/NooJ the power of a Turing
Machine. INTEX/NooJ is used as a linguistic development platform, an
information retrieval system, a terminological extractor, as well as to teach
linguistics and computational linguistics to students.
As in the previous workshops, this meeting will be the opportunity for INTEX and
NooJ users, as well as other researchers interested in NLP, to meet and to
exchange their experience of development, research or teaching. It will also be
the occasion to present and discover the recent developments of NooJ.
Please, send before March 15, 2005 a one-page abstract to Max Silberztein by
email. The abstract, in French or in English, should contain the title of the
article, and the name, affiliation, surface mail and electronic address of each
All papers will be reviewed by the program committee. Authors will be notified
whether their papers are accepted or rejected by April 8th, 2005. The timeslot
is 30 minutes for presentations (including 5 minutes for discussions). After
the conference, authors selected for publishing by the program committee will be
invited to send a definitive version of their papers.
* Xavier Blanco (Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain)
* Jorge Baptista (University of Algarve, Portugal)
* Gisèle Chevalier (Université de Moncton, Canada)
* Annibale Elia (University of Salerne, Italy)
* Svetla Koeva (Sofia University, Bulgaria)
* Denis Maurel (LI, Université de Tours, France)
* Paul Sabatier (LIM, CNRS, Marseille, France)
* Henrik Selsoe Sorensen (Copenhagen Business School, Danemark)
* Max Silberztein (LASELDI, Université de Franche-Comté, France)
* Tamas Varadi (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
* Jean-Marie Viprey (ATST, Université de Franche-Comté, France)
* Dusko Vitas (MATF, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Submission due date: March 15, 2005
Notification date: April 8, 2005
Registration: May 1, 2005
NooJ TUTORIALS by Max Silberztein
* Initiation Tutorial, 20 persons maximum
* Teaching Linguistics with NooJ, 20 persons maximum
The registration fee for the workshop is 30 euros for researchers, 15 euros for
students and 40 euros for other categories.
The conference will begin on Monday morning and last till Wednesday evening.
During the Conference there will be a reception on Monday evening and an
optional excursion on Tuesday afternoon.
max.silberztein at univ-fcomte.fr
jean-marie.viprey at univ-fcomte.fr
Web site from: http://intex.univ-fcomte.fr
More information about the Corpora-archive